Friday, June 29, 2007

ISB Scare

The dorm, was usually a big happy family, until one night, an accident occurred, that turned the dorm dark and scary in the blink of an eye. In sixth grade, my friend Ester, cut her wrist and had to have several stitches. She was running down the stairs to the bathroom, without thinking she put her hands on a glass pane in the bathroom door, pushing on it and breaking the glass causing the glass to cut her wrist. The house parent came running from her office and my friends and I came from the study room when we heard Ester scream. "I just told you not to run in the dorm Ester! Nicole ran upstairs to the laundry room to get towels to try and stop the bleeding. HURRY!" "I'll never be able to use my arm again!" "Yes you will I am taking you to the hospital to let them fix your arm." The blood looked like bingo chips as it fell on the floor. "I can not believe this is happening, the bleeding is still not under control Lisa!" "It will be all right Jessica, Ester is on her way to the hospital." I just stood around, kind of in shock, unable to believe what had just happened to a close friend. The dorm parent lead Ester out of the dorm towards a waiting car that would take her to the hospital. One Ester left the dorm we all just stood around kind of in shock. Nicole got the mop from the downstairs bathroom and started to mop the blood up in the wash bucket. A few minutes later a dorm parent arrived from another dorm to tell us that we could go to REC if we wanted to. I did not feel like going to REC so I went back upstairs to my room to lay on my bed, I could not believe that this had happened in the dorm. I learned a few days later, that Ester had staples put in her arm. Ester almost lost enough blood to require a transfusion, she was going to be all right. I never looked at that glass door the same way again, even after they replaced the glass pane.

No comments: