Friday, June 29, 2007

Blind Camp

The highlight of my summer, was when my parents let me go, to the week long blind summer camp, where I got to spend a whole week with my friends from school at camp. My mom would take me to school, where I would wait with my friends, Jessica, Elizabeth, and Lisa for the bus to camp. We would all sit together on the bus ride to camp. When we got to camp, we would wait in the Activity Hall, to be assigned a cabin and counselor. Jessica, Elizabeth, Lisa and I always requested to be placed in the same cabin together. The last two summers we went to camp, we were in Cabin 7 with the same fun counselor. After we unpacked our bags and made our beds, we went down to the lake for a nice long swim. We took showers when we were done swimming, then we went to dinner in the camp caffeteria. After dinner, the whole camp met at the flag poles, to lower the flags, two cabins were selected to lower the camp flags and fold them for the night. Then we went to the camp amphatheatre to sing songs and tell stories. We went back to our cabins to get ready for bed and lights out. This was the first day of summer camp.

No comments: