Friday, June 29, 2007

Dorm Parents

My dorm parent's were like second moms, they would do anything for me. I could talk to them about things that I did not feel comfortable telling my friends. My favorite dorm parents were Mrs. Alice and Mrs. Lacy.

In Lambert Hall, my dorm parent was Mrs. Alice. She taught us a variety of games to play after school. Red light/Green light is when you walk if they say Green light and stop if they say Red light. The object of the game is to reach the front of the room first. You were eliminated if you did not stop walking. Simon Says was fun to play with friends. You have to do whatever the leader tells you to do. Another activity was to play house in the Play house in the activity room, cook on the stove and talk out the window to my friends. Roller skating down the hallway, was real fun. After shower time, she would do our hair in braids and curls. She always gave us healthy treats after school and on special occasions we got candy bars for a snack.

In Wilson Hall, the dorm parents were nice and friendly. I just never felt the close connection to them that I had with the other dorm parents. They did not have the personality, where I felt that I could open up to them and tell them personal things. They did not interact very well with the girls in the dorm. They mainly stayed in the dorm parents office doing paper work and only came out if there was a problem in the dorm.

Mrs. Lacy, was my dorm J dorm parent. She was very laid back, real easy to get to know. We switched bedrooms halfway through the school year. We went unsupervised to the different activities at recreation time. All you had to do was check in with her after school, then you could go to your afternoon activities or hang out with friends in the dorm.

No comments: